Morgan Freeman is an American actor, producer, and narrator. He was born on June 1, 1937, in Memphis, Tennessee.
Freeman began his acting career in the 1960s, appearing in several off-Broadway productions. His breakthrough role came in the 1980s television series “The Electric Company,” in which he played a variety of characters and also served as a writer and producer.
Freeman’s film career took off in the 1990s with his performances in films such as “Driving Miss Daisy” (1989), “Glory” (1989), and “The Shawshank Redemption” (1994). He has since appeared in numerous other films, including “Bruce Almighty” (2003), “Million Dollar Baby” (2004), “The Dark Knight” (2008), and “Now You See Me” (2013).
In addition to his work in film and television, Freeman has also lent his distinctive voice to a number of documentaries and other projects, including the “March of the Penguins” (2005) and “Through the Wormhole” (2010-2017) television series.
Freeman has been recognized for his contributions to the entertainment industry with numerous awards, including an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in “Million Dollar Baby,” and a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Screen Actors Guild.
Freeman has also been involved in various humanitarian and philanthropic causes, including his work with the Mississippi Horse Park Foundation and his support for the Barack Obama Presidential Campaign.
Morgan Freeman Net-worth
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, Morgan Freeman’s net worth was estimated to be around $250 million USD. Freeman has earned his wealth through his long and successful career as an actor, producer, and narrator. He has appeared in many successful movies, and his iconic voice has been featured in numerous documentaries, commercials, and other projects. Freeman has also been a producer on several successful films and television shows, further adding to his net worth. It’s important to note that net worth estimates may change over time due to fluctuations in the entertainment industry and personal financial decisions.
Morgan Freeman Popular Movies
Morgan Freeman has appeared in many popular movies throughout his career. Some of his most notable and popular movies include:
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989) – A comedy-drama film in which Freeman played the role of a chauffeur to an elderly Jewish woman.
- Glory (1989) – A war film in which Freeman played the role of a sergeant in the first all-black volunteer company in the American Civil War.
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994) – A drama film in which Freeman played the role of a prisoner who befriends a new inmate and helps him adjust to life in prison.
- Seven (1995) – A crime thriller in which Freeman played the role of a detective who is nearing retirement and takes on one final case.
- Batman Begins (2005) – A superhero film in which Freeman played the role of Lucius Fox, a tech expert who helps Bruce Wayne become Batman.
- Million Dollar Baby (2004) – A sports drama film in which Freeman played the role of a retired boxer who becomes the trainer of a female boxer.
- The Dark Knight Trilogy (2005-2012) – A series of superhero films in which Freeman played the role of Lucius Fox.
These movies were well-received by critics and audiences alike and helped establish Freeman as a versatile and talented actor.