Cameron Diaz is a retired American actress, producer, and author. She was born on August 30, 1972, in San Diego, California.
Diaz began her career as a model before transitioning to acting. Her breakthrough role came in the 1994 film “The Mask,” in which she played the female lead opposite Jim Carrey. She went on to star in several successful films throughout the 1990s and 2000s, including “There’s Something About Mary” (1998), “Charlie’s Angels” (2000), and “My Best Friend’s Wedding” (1997).
In addition to her work in film, Diaz has also worked as a producer. She co-produced the films “The Sweetest Thing” (2002) and “Bad Teacher” (2011).
Diaz has also written two books. In 2013, she released “The Body Book,” a health and wellness guide for women. In 2016, she released “The Longevity Book,” which focuses on aging and how to age well.
Diaz announced her retirement from acting in 2018, stating that she wanted to focus on other areas of her life. However, she has continued to work on other projects, such as her organic wine brand called “Avaline.”
Diaz has been in a long-term relationship with musician Benji Madden since 2014, and the couple got married in January 2015. Diaz has been involved with several charitable organizations, including UNICEF, The Art of Elysium, and The Lunchbox Fund.
Cameron Diaz Net-worth
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, Cameron Diaz’s net worth was estimated to be around $140 million USD. She earned this wealth through her successful career as an actress, producer, and author, as well as from various endorsements and brand deals throughout her career. However, it’s important to note that net worth estimates may change over time due to fluctuations in the entertainment industry and personal financial decisions. Since Diaz has retired from acting and focused on other areas of her life, her net worth may have changed since my knowledge cutoff date.
Cameron Diaz popular movies
Cameron Diaz has appeared in many popular movies throughout her career. Some of her most notable and popular movies include:
- The Mask (1994) – Diaz’s breakout role in which she played the female lead opposite Jim Carrey.
- There’s Something About Mary (1998) – A comedy film in which Diaz played the role of a woman who is pursued by several men.
- Charlie’s Angels (2000) – An action-comedy film in which Diaz played the role of one of three female spies.
- My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997) – A romantic comedy film in which Diaz played the role of the bride-to-be who is pursued by her ex-lover.
- Shrek (2001) – An animated film in which Diaz provided the voice for the character of Princess Fiona.
- Gangs of New York (2002) – A historical drama film in which Diaz played the role of a pickpocket in 19th century New York City.
- The Holiday (2006) – A romantic comedy film in which Diaz played the role of a woman who swaps homes with a stranger for the holidays.
These movies were well-received by critics and audiences alike and helped establish Diaz as a versatile and talented actress.